[thelist] system requirements for Netscape 4.x vs recent browsers

Joel Konkle-Parker jjk3 at msstate.edu
Thu Jun 17 06:17:27 CDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 03:07, Diane Soini wrote:
I'm curious: You mentioned 4% of the client's users use Netscape 4. Any
idea who they are?

Others mentioned sites with statistics on browser usage, but they are
just numbers. Overall, who are the people who use NS4? Do they come
from a particular region? Socioeconomic group? Age? Country? ?

Well, I had to browse using NS4 yesterday. My main machine was down, so
I was using the old SGI in the office. I'd say definitely engineers
using UNIX are prime offenders.

--
Joel Konkle-Parker
Webmaster  [Ballsome.com]