[thelist] checking existence of a form element with VBScript

Tab Alleman Tab.Alleman at MetroGuide.com
Thu Jun 17 08:22:55 CDT 2004

Joel D Canfield wrote:
> In a form response page, how do I test for the existence of a form
> field value being passed from the form? I don't care what the value
> is, I just want to know if there *is* one.

Seems to me the only definitive way to distinguish whether a value was
passed (as opposed to a value of "" or Nothing being passed) would be
something like:

FOR EACH FieldName IN Request.Form
	IF FieldName = "TheFieldNameIAmLookingFor" THEN
		'Found it...if the loop completes without
		'this code being run, it wasn't there.
	END IF
LOOP