[thelist] client side asp processor

Christopher Mahan chris_mahan at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 10:18:19 CDT 2004

Thanks to all who have replied.

I think we will run iis local with firewall and locked down to accept
only localhost connections.

As an aside, the front end works on asp+iis when connected to
corpnet, and needs to retain the same interface when disconnected (we
have working solution for db sync).

We'll also stop iis via services management with wsh when not needed,
and restart it when needed.

Thanks again.

--- William Anderson <neuro at well.com> wrote:
> Edwin Martin wrote:
> > Christopher Mahan wrote:
> >
> >> Looking for client-side asp processor for offline work.
> >>
> >> Can't use iis or pws (security issues) (healtcare field)
> >
> > IIS and PWS are not a risk when shielded.
> >
> > W2k has a built in firewall. You can also use a firewall from
> other
> > vendors. Another option is to use IIS/PWS in VMWare.
>
> You can also lock down IIS to only accept connections from
> localhost.
>
> --
> _ __/|  William Anderson      | Brodie: The Force is strong with
> this one
> \`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |    Jay: Dude, don't encourage him
> =(_ _)= http://neuro.me.uk/   |  -- Mallrats, (1995)
>     U  - Thhbt! GPG 0xFA5F1100 |
> --
> http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/