[thelist] Multi form selections

John.Brooking at sappi.com John.Brooking at sappi.com
Thu Jun 17 11:27:33 CDT 2004

> Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 08:59:37 -0400
> From: "Mr. Tenuta" <dtportnoy at videotron.ca>
> To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
> Subject: Re: [thelist] RE: Multi form selections
>
> I haven't really looked into Perl alot but it looks quite similar to PHP.
> I thought php was an improvement on Perl? Don't know much abuot Perl
> though.

It could be. I, for my part, don't know much about PHP. (And I tend to
confuse it in my mind with Python, about which I am equally ignorant.) The
original poster didn't mention what server-side language he (she?) required,
so I figured he wouldn't mind hearing about a Perl alternative too.
Certainly my script could be easily converted to a PHP action script. (If
anyone does it, let me know, and I'll link to you.)

> Here's how an e-mail format validation function would look like in PHP:

Actually, if you keep your email addresses on the server, you don't even
need to validate them syntactically, because they only come from inside your
script, not from the big bad Internet. (I suppose you could have made a
typo...)

John Brooking, Application Developer
Sappi Fine Paper
South Portland, ME, 04106 USA
--

This message may contain information which is private, privileged or
confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity