[thelist] BaseCamp

Maximillian Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Thu Jun 17 12:52:35 CDT 2004

>Anyone used it? Looks interesting.
>http://www.basecamphq.com/

I use it for my clients.  It's dead-simple and fairly intuitive.  37Signals
specializes in usability, and it shows in their app.  It has blog-style
categorized messages, to-do lists, milestones, etc. Only real cons are that
it seems oriented more toward individual projects with a defined end-date
rather than ongoing work and that the "skinnability" is pretty limited.  But
I've been using it for about 4 months now with great success.  There are
some open source alternatives such as phpCollab, eGroupWare, etc, but
considering that I had Basecamp up and running and my first project ready to
go in less than an hour makes it worth the $19 per month.  When I get a new
client, it usually takes about 20 minutes to get a new project setup for
them in Basecamp.

Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites and E-Commerce
www.NeptuneWebworks.com