[thelist] Is Target dead

Stuart Young syoung at unitec.ac.nz
Thu Jun 17 20:37:28 CDT 2004

chris wrote:
> Am I right in thinking that target can only be used with a frameset
dtd.

No, it is transitional that still allows target - think about it, there
would be no point to allow target in frameset, because the link that
would include the target attribute would be in the webpage that was
loaded into the frameset and that webpage would not use the frameset
dtd.

> I will not be able to open a page in a new window using html.

No, you CAN still open a page in a new window using HTML, its just that
that page won't validate. And who cares about that  ;-)

For me its just another example of how the standards organisations are
giving ammunition to people who want to attack them, but don't get me
started.

cheers

Dr Stuart Young,       +64 (0)9-815 4321 Ex 8656
<syoung at unitec.ac.nz>
Lecturer, School of Computing and Information Technology,
Unitec New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand
http://hyperdisc.unitec.ac.nz/staff/syoung.htm
I would provide a URL for my official staffpage, but its too long and
complex