[thelist] Background with style sheet

Cancilla Dominick cancilla.d at mellon.com
Tue Jun 22 15:20:45 CDT 2004

On one of the Web sites I manage -- www.disneylies.com -- I've tried putting a background image across the bottom of each page using a style. It seems to work fine in a variety of browsers, but breaks in IE 5.1 for the Mac (the image appears at the bottom of the screen instead of the bottom of the page, and reappears repeatedly at the bottom of the screen when scrolling down the page, making everything a mess).

Three questions:

1) Is there a fix for this?
2) Are there any other browsers this won't work for?
3) Do you think that the browsers that don't work are significant enough that I should change the design (what little there is <G>)?

Thanks for the help. I'm just getting into style sheets so I'm a bit of a newbie on this stuff.

--Dominick

If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.(B)