[thelist] (x)html 1.0 validation with javascript

Tim Beadle tim.beadle at iop.org
Wed Jun 23 09:14:00 CDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 20:30, Matt Tibbits wrote:
> Anyway, I have completed my site and am validating my pages.  The problem I
> am running into is that one page has links which open in a popup window
> using javascript. The link is as follows :
> popUp('dimetech/2004-06-18.htm', 'imageName',
> 'width=600,height=400,menubar=yes,scrollbars=yes')">text</a>

Are you sure you just lowercased the onclick attribute, and not the
function name? The value of an attribute (in this case "return popUp
etc...") doesn't have to be lowercase - only the attribute name does.

If you have lowercased popUp to popup, without changing the associated
JavaScript function, the function won't work because JS is
case-sensitive.

HTH,

Tim
--
Tim Beadle <tim.beadle at iop.org>

Institute of Physics
Registered charity No. 293851
76 Portland Place, London, W1B 1NT, England

IOP Publishing Limited
Registered in England under Registration No 467514.
Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England

This e-mail message has been checked for the presence of computer viruses.