[thelist] PowerPoint slides to images look different among machines

D. Bruce Saurer g1notami at zoominternet.net
Thu Jun 24 09:36:06 CDT 2004

Have you tried a full screen grab in SlideShow mode?
It's often been the simplest solution for me.

If you need something more, here's a tip from:
PowerPoint FAQ List - The Full FAQ
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FULLFAQ.htm

Get the same image OUT of PowerPoint as went in originally
Problem
You have an image in PowerPoint and need to use it elsewhere. When you
copy and paste the image to other programs, you get a low resolution image.
Solution
MS PhotoEdit to the rescue. It's included in Office 97 onward, so if
it's not
already installed, run Setup and install it.
Click the image in PowerPoint to select it, then choose Edit, Copy or
press Ctrl
+C.
Start PhotoEdit and choose Edit, Paste.
Save the image from PhotoEdit to the format of your choice.
Background
When you copy and paste images from PowerPoint to most other programs,
you get the image as it's currently displayed in PowerPoint, not at its
original
resolution.
For example, if you have a 1024x768 pixel screen capture that you've
imported
into PowerPoint and reduced to 1/4 screen size and you're working on a
system
running at 800x600, when you copy and paste, you'll get 400x300 pixels,
not the
original 1024x768 image.
Apparently, PowerPoint also puts the full original image on the
clipboard, but in
a format that most other apps don't understand, so they can't paste it. MS
PhotoEdit evidently understands the format, so you get the full original
image
resolution.

bruce
g1notami at zoominternet.net