[thelist] Creating a desktop link to a web page

david.landy at somerfield.co.uk david.landy at somerfield.co.uk
Fri Jun 25 07:55:34 CDT 2004

Ken,

>b) Use the IconFile and IconIndex properties

To clarify, can you set the icon used by windows to display the desktop
shortcut? (This is not neccesarily the same as the favicon, unless you make
it so.) The only way I know is by right-clicking on the icon and then
changing its properties, but it'd be nifty if you could do it through a few
lines of code, too.

TIA

David
--

PS. Think I've gone a bit off-topic here... probably owe a tip... but I
can't think of anything clever that I've come up with recently... except...

<tip type="finding java sdk documentation" author="david landy">
To find java sdk documentation for a particular java class or method, just
type its name into google followed by "site:sun.com". Usually the first two
or three links contain references to the offical documentation and you can
jump straight in.
</tip>

If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please preserve the
confidentiality of it and advise the sender immediately of any error in
transmission. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken, or
omitted to be taken, by an unauthorised recipient in reliance upon the
contents of this e-mail is prohibited. Somerfield cannot accept liability
for any damage which you may sustain as a result of software viruses so
please carry out your own virus checks before opening an attachment. In
replying to this e-mail you are granting the right for that reply to be
forwarded to any other individual within the business and also to be read by
others. Any views expressed by an individual within this message do not
necessarily reflect the views of Somerfield.  Somerfield reserves the right
to intercept, monitor and record communications for lawful business
purposes.