[thelist] site help

Alex Beston alex at deltatraffic.co.uk
Fri Jun 25 10:51:29 CDT 2004

 >. Probably the easiest thing to do is forget about using <h1> tags
altogether, using <span> tags instead to style the text, and then it
will be ok to wrap everything in the box in the <a> tag. Some might
argue the sematics of this are not correct... or maybe they are.
Regardless, I think that's the easiest and most cross-browser friendly
way to do it.

yup - i think that doesnt validate either :( i need to keep the h1 for
SEO purposes.

> Alternatively, you could use JavaScript to change the style of the box
> using the onmouseover event. The drawback here being that it won't
> work if a user has JavaScript disabled.

yes, i think this has to be the only way...

> And if you don't care about IE, you could just put the :hover on the

div.textbox:hover ? doesnt seem to work....

Thanks for the suggestions, Sarah.
Alex