[thelist] best OpenSSL workarounds for IE bugs?

sbeam sbeam at syxyz.net
Fri Jun 25 11:03:09 CDT 2004

F0lks, has anyone figured out the best, up-to-date directives to use in
Apache/OpenSSL to workaround the 'nokeepalive' bugs in IE? I have been
googling around but there is a lot of conflicting stuff out there (and
of course you all will know the definitive answer).

If you don't know what I'm talking about here is the canonical FAQ item:
http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC49

But this doesn't mention what versions are affected, and we are still
seeing 404-type problems on Mac IE5 even though this is supposed to be
limited to IE4?...

I've seen this suggested and I intend to try it soon as the client stops
looking at it...
====
BrowserMatch "MSIE [1-4]" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
      downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
BrowserMatch "MSIE [5-9]" ssl-unclean-shutdown
====

So does anyone have a mod_ssl setup that works for everybody? could I
steal it? ;)

thanks

--

# S Beam - Web App Dev Servs