SV: [thelist] Not using tables for layout

Andreas Wahlin Andreas.Wahlin at ufl.gu.se
Mon Jun 28 08:46:56 CDT 2004

<Given what I need to do, I cannot see any way to do it whilst
maintaining semantic markup. Your solution (whilst very welcome) doesn't
seen semantic, as the container DIVs in the nest have no semantic
meaning. In addition, the grid structure will not be maintained if any
content stretches a single cell horizontally.>

Merely a guess/thought that popped up; how about inline lists?
One <ul> for each row, and each cell a <li> (or the other way around
depending on your taste)??
ON the other hand, that doesen't really promote semantics either :)

Andreas