[thelist] Banner Advertising

Richard Davey rich at launchcode.co.uk
Mon Jun 28 11:16:27 CDT 2004

Hello Andy,

Monday, June 28, 2004, 4:53:08 PM, you wrote:

AB> Unfortunately I know nothing about banner advertising. I've done some
AB> googling but really don't know where to start. So can any of you
AB> recommend a good online advertising network that may suite their needs
AB> needs. One that has quality advertising partners that may suit the
AB> demographic. If you do, please feel free to mail me off list.

You'll be hard pressed to find any decent banner networks these days -
if your traffic levels are only moderate to low. The most successful
at the moment has to be Google AdSense - easy to implement, targeted
banners and very good/high pay outs. Would seriously consider it. A
client of mine uses them on their site (high traffic site) and it
earns enough each month to pay for 2 dedicated servers being hosted! I
use it on a personal site of mine and it pays enough to host the site
twice over - and that's on a pretty low hit site (only around 3000
banner ads shown per day).

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde