[thelist] how did you learn?

Dan McCullough dmccullough at garnethill.com
Tue Jun 29 07:52:06 CDT 2004

I started back in 1993.  It started as a hobby in college as building
computers was getting boring.  The computer sciences program closed the
same year I transferred in so that wasn't an option.  So I learned every
way I could, and being someone who learns by doing I just put my head
down and went at it.  To be honest with you I don't read many books, I
have some but they are mostly the pocket reference.  I'm on mailing
list, in forums, limbo dances, finding examples and picking them apart
and little by little you start answering questions as much as you are
asking.