[thelist] how did you learn?

Robin Hastings robin.hastings at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 08:25:19 CDT 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:40:08 -0700 (PDT), Paul Bennett
<bennettpr at yahoo.com> wrote:

> How did you first begin your learning? Did you pick up a book?
> Go to online forums? Ask a friend? Take a short course?

Personally, I first started to learn about HTML by using online
tutorials (such as htmlgoodies.com), books and, of course, the
ever-present View --> Source method of learning. As things got more
complicated, Javascript, CSS, XML, etc., I started to take online
classes through outfits like Element K and the HTML Writers Guild.
Mostly, however, all of my current knowledge comes from books and
trial-and-error! All that aside, though, I'm currently in college
(again) to get my degree in Information Technology and to fill in all
of the gaps that have occurred because of my rather haphazard
self-taught methods.

Robin Hastings
robin.hastings at gmail.com
http://www.rhastings.net