[thelist] Banner Advertising

raditha dissanayake jabber at raditha.com
Tue Jun 29 11:26:30 CDT 2004

Hi,
As a couple of others have already suggested adsense is the best no doubt.

Overture is awful. I am still getting mail from them 1 year after  I
cancelled my account with them asking me to reactivate it, telling them
to stop is like talking to a brick wall.

PHPmyads and other like it can only deliver the ads, you have to find
someone willing to advertise on your site.

If your site is in flash any banner ad service is going to find a hard
time getting the targetting right. Targeting is usually based on the
text content of the page, not the images or flash. Most people believe
google is #1 when it comes to analysing the text content of a web page
hence the success of adsense.

--
Raditha Dissanayake.