[thelist] Dear fellows: Be carefull in your job, very carefull

Maximillian Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Tue Jun 29 13:34:57 CDT 2004

------------------------------
MS> Well said Kasimir.  I would go even further.  From experience in dealing
MS> with web business owners, I am wondering that the lack of a mailto: link
MS> should be costing any significant potential.

Richard said:
If people cannot get in touch with you - they will nearly always give
up though. It is fair to assume it would cause /some/ problems.

On the plus side - screwing up the mailto link at least means the OP
has avoided causing them to get spam-bot harvested for the past 2 years ;)
------------------------------

Yes, but a mailto link should not be the basis of business contact.  Give
phone numbers and a contact form.  Many on The List have already pointed out
the benefits of testing from the developer's side, but on the side of the
client's business there must be a principle of testing everything that has
any potential impact on sales.  I always request (firmly) that the client
identify the "business critical" parts of a site and test them for
themselves.  A contact link on the homepage certainly falls in this
category.

Hey, for all we know the lack of spam harvesting may have been a bigger
benefit than the lost potential!  :)

Maximillian Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites for Microbusiness
www.NeptuneWebworks.com