[thelist] Tips for planning content delivery?

Chris George cgeorge at basecorp.com
Wed Jun 30 17:26:23 CDT 2004

Hi Katie,

We develop eLearning content for our clients - content that spans over
5000 individual pages, a dozen clients, and includes both internal
development teams and external contractors.

Our development process, while guarded by NDA's and other
cloak-and-dagger secrecy, uses Excel and Microsoft SharePoint
extensively to ensure thoroughness, accuracy, accountability, kept
momentum, met QA requirements and is also good to see if there are any
gaps, errors, etc. that can come out of the wood work.

The key word here is *Process*...

It's a delicate balance, of course, being bogged down in the mire of
Process is not much fun either.

[snip]
> We are close to the end of the design phase and I am the
> point person in charge of content delivery to our web design
> company of our hundreds of documents as well as web copy
> written for the new web site. This seems like a project
> fraught with potential problems.
>
> Can people who have done this before post ideas on organizing
> this thing-and pitfalls to avoid?
[snip]