[thelist] Creative Sitemaps

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Thu Jul 1 10:51:44 CDT 2004

> Here's one I threw out to my client last night and absolutely loved it.
>
> http://www.azuritedesign2.com/Ginault%20Print/pictures/logo/Header/Sitemap.p
> hp

It sure is pretty. But looking at it my first thought was that "business
card", "sales/data sheet" and "catalog cover" are part or section called
"track my order", and "letterhead" and "presentation folder" are the
"special offers" etc. And i had great difficulties reading the topmost
texts (and I have no sight problems).

So while being pretty picture, this is not good as a sitemap, as it
confuses the visitor about what the realationships between different
pages and sections are. Imagine a world map, where France would appear
in Asia, just because it looks prettier...

.k