[thelist] [semi OT] Slashdot article on IE

brian cummiskey brian at hondaswap.com
Fri Jul 2 14:29:16 CDT 2004

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/07/02/1441242&mode=thread&tid=103&tid=113&tid=126&tid=172&tid=95&tid=99

I guess according to yahoo, people are making a jump to mozilla.

alexa concurs:
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?&range=1y&size=large&compare_sites=&url=http://www.mozilla.org#graph

hits to their site have skyrocketed over the past day or so....

Found this pretty interested from a developer stand point, in that more
and more people will be making the move to a standards-based browser.

and, to keep the O-T legit- a tip :)

<tip title="Documenting your documents well" author="Brian Cummiskey">
Just a quick little blerb today-

Often in the real world, one will stumble onto others code.  Sometimes,
that person will no longer be with the company, or may not have a clue
what he or she did when they develped it a year and a half ago over a 36
hour stretch at the last minuet.

Although tedious at times, documenting your code will make long-term
effects of re-development and updating it worth while.

Now, In addition to just documenting it, doing so in a standardized way
will help even more so.

When I am doing a block of code, I like to keep it easy to find my
stages or steps.  For this reason, regardless of how "indented" I am
within a function or set of code, I always keep my comments as
left-aligned.  Not only does it seperate your steps, but it makes
finding the steps easy to find.

for example:

<?php
//---------------------------------------