[thelist] questions for clients without a clue about websites

David Siedband technique at oceanicsky.com
Fri Jul 2 16:32:59 CDT 2004

Happy Cog has a really good survey for their clients that you can
download from
http://www.happycog.com/contact/contact.zip

I approach clients by asking more about their business than about their
goals for the web.  Their business is something they understand and
feel comfortable with talking about.  Once you understand their market,
their value proposition, and their brand, you can propose strategies
for how they use the web.  This often gives you a chance to expand upon
the scope of the project or at least plant seeds of ideas for things
they could do in the future.
--
David