[thelist] Fw: questions for clients without a clue about websites

Michael Almond michael at almondesign.com
Mon Jul 5 08:43:32 CDT 2004

On Jul 2, 2004, at 9:25 AM, Johnson, Christopher (MTO) wrote:
I am looking for a series of questions that I can send to a new client to focus their minds and their planning in regards to their website.

David Siedband suggested Happy Cog's survey for their clients: http://www.happycog.com/contact/contact.zip

No offense, but I took a look at this document and it doesn't seem appropriate to use as an initial "assessment document" for a client that you claim is "without a clue about websites." It uses very "coded" terms and clearly has a "Web standards" bias, which may be fine for Happy Cog, but your client will not understand why they are being asked these "esoteric" questions.

A great source for a single document is http://www.sitepoint.com/books/freelance1/
They sell "The Web Design Business Kit" By Brendon Sinclair, but you can download free sample chapters and one of them is a "New Client Needs Analysis Form" (PDF)

Hope that helps. Also, Google your question and I bet you will find more documents, surveys, etc. then you care to read in a lifetime!

Michael Almond
p: 415.206.0554
c: 415.305.0540
www.almondesign.com