[thelist] Looking up references for HTML

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Tue Jul 6 03:14:30 CDT 2004

Greetings Everyone :

   I wanted to find out if there was a onclick event defined for the
body element.  The first place I looked was w3.org, where I looked at
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd and didn't find
onclick in the list of attributes for the body tag, so I thought that
the onclick event isn't defined for body.

   Then I did some more searching and found two more websites[1] that
say that there is an onlick event for the body tag.

   My question is, where do I look at the w3.org to find this
information ... and what is the definitive answer? Did I search in the
wrong places? Also -- if there is a javascript function defined for the
onclick event  on the body tag, and another function defined for the
onclick event for any other tag, do the two functions get called in
order? Body->onclick, then Tag->onclick?

   Thanks for clearing this up.

[1] http://tinyurl.com/389ay
     http://webdesign.about.com/library/tags/bltags-body.htm