[thelist] Re: Identify a Web Crawler's request

Manuel González Noriega manuel at simplelogica.net
Wed Jul 7 05:45:28 CDT 2004

El mié, 07-07-2004 a las 09:53, David Travis escribió:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks for your reply. In my case it is simply useless to browse the site
> unless you meet the minimum requirements, since it relies heavily on the
> client's browser.

Hi David,

i just wanted to thank you for your detailed explanations to my answers
about your IE-centric site. And now, a tip that applies to this
scenario:

<tip author="mort" type="Don't do browser detection, do object
detection">

Peter-Paul Koch recommends never ever code your js around broser
detection, but checking for specific object detection

http://www.quirksmode.org/js/support.html

</tip>

--
   Manuel trabaja para Simplelógica, construcción web
(+34) 985 22 12 65            http://simplelogica.net