[thelist] Portal Software for Car Club

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 09:15:40 CDT 2004

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 09:12:49 -0400, Norman Bunn
<norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com> wrote:
> I am working with a car club to revise their site into something more
> manageable, and I am considering something like PHP-Nuke or Drupal.
> Does anyone have any recommendations on these or other packages as far
> as setup, admin and usability?

Drupal takes a little while to get your head around things. It's a
pretty impressive package, but it has been overkill for anything I've
ever tried to use it with. I suspect it might be overkill for your
project as well.

Have you checked out Wordpress (http://wordpress.org)? It has some
nice plugins that would work well for what you're trying to do. As an
added benefit, its license is GPL.

--

Matt Warden
Berry Neuroscience Lab