The need for IE-only sites? (was RE: [thelist] Identify a WebCrawler's request)

michael ensor edc at wnc.quik.co.nz
Wed Jul 7 09:38:24 CDT 2004

I have been following this thread with interest because I thought as a
wannabee web person I might learn something.

In my ignorant approach so far I have found:

1.It is more time effective to design to standards first

2. I think about the quirks that will make a site look similar in all
browsers [I am not anal retentive so I don't require pixel perfect
performance]

3.Having got the pages to standards compliance I find it quite time
effective to tweak to the aberrant UA's

4. Once having achieved that minor nirvana I feel free to indulge in
proprietary bells and whistles, secure in the knowledge that what I have
already done is enough to ensure that the SE's will pick pick up a site and
allow
those that use the SE links to  see the pages, albeit not in all their
"glory" ( ok some will say gory.. lol)

---