[offlist] Thanks [thelist] finding past owner of expired domain

Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Wed Jul 7 11:22:15 CDT 2004

Message from Anthony Baratta (7/6/2004 06:49 PM)
>At 02:14 PM 7/6/2004, Seyon wrote:
>>Hey folks,
>>
>>Is there any way to find out the registration history of a domain? If
>>it's ever been registered. If it has, who was it registered to, how long
>>has it been expired, etc.
>
>I think your best bet is to use the Internet Archive and see what you can
>find there. Once the pointer is gone from InterNIC (the main clearing
>house for Domain Name information), you are hard pressed to find info
>about any domain. And once a domain is returned to the public pool I don't
>think there is s away to track historical information about ownership.

Hey thanks Anthony

Seems there are services that will allow you to "subscribe" to a domain and
receive updates as changes to its status/ownership occur but not to get
back-data on expired domains.

Thanks.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/