[thelist] Mozilla and Hebrew (WAS Identify a Web Crawler'srequest)

David Travis dwork at macam.ac.il
Wed Jul 7 12:44:05 CDT 2004

<quote>
Note, I am on our side--I am all in favor of standards and cross-browser
coding. I am just asking what people think.
</quote>

Oh, so I am "they"? hehehe, look, we are all in the same side, but there are
things that need to be taken into account besides "standards". Did anyone
here hear the term ROI? Did anyone here take into account the fact that
working on one site for a long time actually delays other development
projects???

Come on people! I must admit I am surprised by the amount of naïve things
said in this discussion. People talk about businesses, yet they fail to take
into account business considerations.

Please, think again before shooting into the air those old mantras about
standard, there is more to it when it comes to businesses. Don't get me
wrong, when you can stick to the standards, but if you find it costs you too
much than think business.

I am not trying to provoke, just thinking out loud.

Bye,
David.