[thelist] Mozilla and Hebrew (WAS Identify a WebCrawler'srequest)

David Travis dwork at macam.ac.il
Wed Jul 7 14:19:08 CDT 2004

Hi Jason,

Think that you develop a site for online studies. A site with a lot of fancy
user experience, videos, drag and drop effects, and so. XMLs with data to
process based on user selections in order to reduce the amount of round
trips to the server. After all round trips are disturbing to the flow of the
experience. Remember that the user is a student who studies using his
browser.

Now, consider the fact that in Israel there are a lot of problems with
Hebrew support in non-IE browsers. On top of that almost 100% of the users
use IE anyway.

On top of that on small fact, roll back one year from now.

Please tell me what you would do...   :o)

All you guys say here is correct, but again, not to all scenarios... I don't
think you will find another solution better.

Thank you,
David.