[thelist] Browser Autocomplete

brian cummiskey brian at hondaswap.com
Thu Jul 8 10:02:21 CDT 2004

Sam Carter wrote:

>If I have a single-line text input form field, is there any HTML that can be
>used to ensure autocomplete will not operate in that field?
>
>Sam

aside from any proper method that might exist, the obvious way to do
something like this would be to name the field something unique across
the entire net-
like:
fsd9fsd8sdf8sdf8sdf9sdf9sdf2h22v2h2mfsdgde
or something to that effect.

chances are, thats never been a form field name before.  A "hack" at
best, but shy of having it assumed turned off on the users machine, its
the best bet.

unless, its a return visitor- cuz then they will have that name cached
as well.  perhaps a random id name?