[thelist] e-newsletter services

Tobias Wright tobias at bellzon.com
Thu Jul 8 14:22:15 CDT 2004

Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations for a web-based e-newsletter service for a
newsletter that my client send out 2-3 times a week to about 5000
subscribers.

Two that I have come across, Constant Contact (www.constantcontact.com) and
MailerMailer (www.mailermailer.com) of the many out there, seem promising.

Can anyone give me insight on these two or any other that you may have
experience with?

Currently  my client uses the listerv that comes with her webhosting, but
information such as "send to a friend" link, percentage of people opening
the email and click thru rates are becoming increasingly important.

Things that are important:
Keeping the login on site. I need to capture some demographics.
Transferring our current list without having our subscribers re-opt-in

Thanks everyone