[thelist] RE: the standards thread

Mr. Tenuta dtportnoy at videotron.ca
Thu Jul 8 21:27:46 CDT 2004

Heya ken,

> As I mentioned before, there seems to be some confusion between:
> a) crappy code
> b) standards adherence.
> It seems, for example from the post below, that the use of "standards
> compliant" code will suddenly make crappy tag soup disappear.

hehe i meant crappy code in my case as that's what it was. Repetitive asp
code everywhere, inflated HTML, horribly implemented styles and this was on
a big app with tons of pages. A pure nightmare. I do agree that non-standard
code could be clean and well written. I've been doing before I was
completely standard aware hehe. I just see a future advancement for
standardization now and am gearing myself and my work ethic to go that way.

My 2 cents