[thelist] localhost Apache problem

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri Jul 9 01:01:29 CDT 2004

Tim Burgan wrote:

> Hello, I've just setup Apache as a localhost on my laptop (using XAMPP
> 1.4.4 <http://xampp.sourceforge.net>), but it doesn't render my valid
> XHTML page properly.
>
> I then uploaded the page to my web host - where it displayed correctly.
>
> Does anyone know what's going on?

Check the pathing for image sources and CSS in your HTML doc. If any
paths are hard coded, they won't display correctly since you have two
different paths for each set (local and remote) of pages.

--
Anthony Baratta

The most exciting phrase to hear in science,
"Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
   -- Isaac Asimov