[thelist] Email with Japanese

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Fri Jul 9 11:58:10 CDT 2004

> In every case, the japanese characters are being displayed
> as question marks.

Well it also depends on how your recipients view the email. Some folk may
have their settings to receive plain text only. In my (limited) experience.
I knew for sure I was sending Russian (Cyrillic) but I found out very
quickly that the recipient's email program did not support HTML based
emails.

We gave an option which was considered to give a printer friendly page and
then have the user save as a PDF, then attach the pdf in mail message. Since
I firmly believe anything's possible, I'm sure you can find a way to
accomplish this goal automatically.

Rob