[thelist] limiting bandwidth

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 14:46:38 CDT 2004

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 19:27:29 +0100, Alex Beston <alex at deltatraffic.co.uk> wrote:
> an interesting question came up at the office today:
>
> how do you limit / threshold the bandwidth for an arbitary account?
>
> is it possible? this would be good in the case where there is a huge
> download that is kept to a trickle so that other users can have a bigger
> share and then switch to full speed after everyones gone home...

It's somewhat unclear from your question exactly what you are talking
about, so please excuse me if I make a false assumption.

If you are talking about throttling bandwidth on an apache webserver
based on virtual hosts or directory or other such criteria, then what
you are looking for is mod_throttle.

http://www.google.com/search?q=mod%5Fthrottle

--

Matt Warden