[thelist] Apache on Win XP: just can't get mod_rewrite to work

PeterV peter at poorbuthappy.com
Sat Jul 10 15:27:43 CDT 2004

Hi,
I've been strugling on and off with this for a year. I really need it to
work now, so I'm trying again.

I have Apache 1.3 on Win XP with PHP 4.3.4 and MySQL. Everything works
fine, but mod_rewrite does NOT work. (It's not that it works badly, it
just doesn't seem turned on).

In my httpd.conf file, I have uncommented
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
and
AddModule mod_rewrite.c

I uploaded my httpd.conf file here for review:
http://poorbuthappy.com/temp/httpd.conf

Is there a known problem with mod_rewrite and local installs of Apache
on Win XP or something? Any tips on getting mod_rewrite to work are very
appreciated! I have Googled for hours, no luck so far...

Thanks!
Peter
(I'm using this trick to check if mod_rewrite works:
http://forums.devshed.com/showthread.php?t=160788 I'm also using a wiki
script that doesn't work if I tell its config file to use mod_rewrite)

My book on information architecture is out, http://iabook.com has a
sample chapter.