SV: [thelist] Browser Autocomplete

Andreas Wahlin Andreas.Wahlin at ufl.gu.se
Mon Jul 12 03:02:14 CDT 2004

<Well, I decided to because I was using onChange in INPUT fields to
record whether or not a field had changed, and found that this event
does not fire if auto-completion is used (as noted in this tip[2] and
subsequent discussion from last year [sort the archive week by
subject]). I investigated a number of different work-arounds, and
concluded [3] that turning the feature off for my form was the easiest
solution. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure what happens if users
of other browsers are using auto-complete, perhaps my form is still
broken for them! :-(>

Ah, so it's a problem with onChange event fire:ing? In that case, I
don't think it's wise to depend on autocompletion being turned off,
someone will haxx his/her way around that anyhow. Even though the
solution may not be entirely elegant, may I suggest
window.setInterval(checkOnCheck(), 100) or simmilar?
But you've already tried that I suppose ...

Andreas