[thelist] SQL Server Backups

Maximillian Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Wed Jul 14 18:42:21 CDT 2004

Hey Evolters,

I've a client whose SQL Server-based site is getting enough traffic that
he's getting a little worried about the regularity and availability of
backups.  He is using a shared host setup, and the hosting provider does
daily backups, but he would be happier if there were hourly transaction log
backups as well, but we do not have that level of access to the shared
MSSQL.  At present, a dedicated SQL Server is cost-prohibitive.  Any
thoughts on how to best resolve this in the short-term?  Long term, we're
moving to DB-independent code, but that's a months-long project.  Any
hints/experiences/etc would be welcome.

TIA!

Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites and E-Commerce