[thelist] RE: How does "Box-in-a-box" hack work?

Seth Thomas Rasmussen seth at sethrasmussen.com
Thu Jul 15 13:18:53 CDT 2004

Josh Olson said:
If I would have been asked during the initial planning of the box model, I
would've suggesting adding a "box-model" CSS element that would allow the
designer to select which model (width=content or width=outer bounds.. then
same for height) to apply to a single element.
---

I have seen others express this same sentiment, and I agree. I hope they do
that. I also agree that the incorrect box model seems more intuitive. I
would be interested to read some replies about the rationale behind the W3C
endorsed box model.

Peace,
Seth Thomas Rasmussen

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/