[thelist] Client dismissal letter

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Fri Jul 16 14:59:23 CDT 2004

> Although it's on course (I think), and the client has not received a
> deliverable, yet the contract has been signed, I want out. I nor the
client
> has the resources to do this properly.

You have a contract and now you want to end the relationship with the
client?

The obvious answer is: What does the contract provide? What basis is
sufficient for termination (eg, non-payment, failure of client to cooperate,
etc.).

If the contract is silent on the issue, but you feel you have or should have
the right to end the relationship, you'll need to negotiate that with the
client: "I'll deliver what I have done so far, assign all rights to the same
to you, and you will pay me a termination fee of X, and the signed contract
between us is thereafter deemed satisfied/excused/rescinded".