[thelist] asp and database path question

Trisha Salas graftedin at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 18 19:23:17 CDT 2004

Ken Schaefer wrote:

> That's not a native ASP error. Your application is doing some kind of
> error handling, and then is generating some kind of "friendly" error,
> which may, or may not, be indicative of the underlying problem.
>
> Two options I would suggest:
> a) put your database into the file structure that appears on the page
> (ie into a folder called /db off the root of your website, and then
> make sure the database is called bbdata.mdb (or visa versa: edit the
> entries in the page to match what you have)
>
> b) If (a) doens't work, locate the line "On Error Resume Next" in your
> ASP page. Comment that out by placing a ' at the beginning of the
> line. Reload the page, and post the error you now see.

Ken,

I got the path right.  But now I am getting this error when I try to
log-in as admin (btw, admin is my only option...it is greyed out)

##########begin error#############

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or
object is read-only.

/tbcde/forum/admprefs.asp, line 152

This is restored from a backup made on the server.  It was sent to me as
a zip file and I placed the appropriate stuff there.  I made a goof and
deleted the database (not used to this stuff...very bad booboo).  The
host sent me their backup and this is what is going on now.

Thanks again,
Trisha Salas