[thelist] Time Triggered Events on Server

Dan McCullough dmccullough at garnethill.com
Mon Jul 19 08:33:21 CDT 2004

For you first example you could cron a php or perl or someother file to
fire the email at 4:59 M-F.
Second example you would do something when the new row is entered to
trigger the email rather then having some file checking every second,
that could get messy.  I would have to do more digging I havent ever had
to check something every second.
This could answer you second one, but I think most auction sites have
something setup as a daemon and it checks the ending time and system
time constantly.  Last two I havent done, or havent done in a long time.
If you want to check on how auction scripts are working today I would
suggest. http://www.everysoft.com/auction.html