[thelist] Java/J2EE help - java not working on desktop

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 12:43:52 CDT 2004

--- "Johnson, Christopher (MTO)" <Christopher.Johnson at mto.gov.on.ca> wrote:
> The first thing to try is to see if you have java in your search path. The
> easiest way to do this is to open a console (dos prompt) window and type in
> java. If you get the 'command not found' error, than Java is not in your
> search path and you may want to add it.

At c: (my main HD where java is installed) I typed 'java' and got:

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Can you advise how to add to the search path?

> The other thing to do is to always start weblogic from the command line
> (console window). This will allow any error messages to stick around long
> enough for you to read them. If you try to start it up from the start menu,
> the console window will close as soon as the app dies and you will lose any
> error messages.

WL starts up just fine. (From what I've been told WL is not dependend on any locally installed
java??) In any event, WL7 starts up just fine for me and I am actually using the console for that.
It's the apps that are java based I believe, that the problem stems from, like WebLogic Workshop
8.1...

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!