[thelist] Java/J2EE help - java not working on desktop

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 12:49:50 CDT 2004

--- Dan McCullough <dmccullough at garnethill.com> wrote:
> What errors do you get?
> Have you tried running the exe or bat from the command prompt?
> Most likely it's a path issue or maybe you need the 1.4.1 version of
> JDK.

Let me be a bit more specific. I launch WebLogic 8.1 Workshop, which is essentially a Java-based
IDE for their platform. I'll see the splash screen come up. It waits a minute, then disappears -
but the application NEVER launches. I then go to task manager and see javaw.exe running and taking
up 50% of the CPU, which was not there before. But the app never starts, no matter how long I
wait.

I don't know enough about java apps and how they work to even begin to guess why this happens. I
suppose wiping the PC and starting over from scratch might get it to work, but that's not an
option. To reset up my PC and it's dev environment would probably take a week - downtime I can't
afford.

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!