[thelist] Many people editing same document at the same time

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 03:36:13 CDT 2004

I think you'd need to give us more information on how you want to
handle various situations.

Most "productivity applications" have internal systems for tracking
changes (eg MS Office Track Changes features), and there are also
numerous source control software systems...

How do you want to handle (for example) editing conflicts? Where I
delete a piece of text, and someone else modifies that same piece of
text? etc. Depending on how you want to handle these situations, you
can then decide what solution meets your needs.

Cheers
Ken