[thelist] CSV Rules

raditha dissanayake jabber at raditha.com
Thu Jul 22 08:33:03 CDT 2004

Seshadri.Varadhan at in.efunds.com wrote:

>Hi
>
>Can any one of you tell me what are the rules defined for creating CSV files?

I don't think anyone has laid down the law on how CSV files should be
formatted, however you will generally find that records are separated by
'\n' or '\r,\n' and fields are separated by ',' and when the fields
themselves contain the comma  they field will be enclosed in single or
double quotes.

Please begin your signaure with the '--' sequence when posting to
newsgroups or refrain from using these disclaimers:

--
Raditha Dissanayake.