[thelist] Template Monster [WAS: A Beginner Freelance Question]

Richard Davey rich at launchcode.co.uk
Thu Jul 22 12:52:30 CDT 2004

Hello Rob,

RS> I'm a PHP developer too. There are times when I don't have time to develop
RS> an ultra complex shopping cart system. It's actually sometimes cheaper for
RS> me to buy it than to build it.

*Exactly* - your above comment, taken in context with the original
post I was replying to, highlights exactly what I said: that for some
the likes of Template Monster can sometimes work out cheaper than
actually designing it. I've never used a Template Monster design for a
client, only for personal projects, but that is because my clients are
actual designers and it's their job to do that pesky Photoshop stuff
:)

RS> This idea goes back to the Bill Gates principle, not saying that I'm him. It
RS> has been said that if he see's a thousand dollars laying on the road, it'll
RS> cost him more money to pick it up, than to just keep walking.

Heh, nice.. for most of us though our limit is a little lower than
$1000 - but I see his point.

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde