[thelist] Template Monster [WAS: A Beginner Freelance Question]

Alan McCoy a.r.mccoy at larc.nasa.gov
Thu Jul 22 14:18:07 CDT 2004

=> Sorry, but services like this annoy me. How about people
=> stop wanting things yesterday, and value quality over
=> quantity? I know it's a crazy concept, but I think we can
=> figure it out, the human race. There are only, what, several
=> billion of us? Come on guys...

I have to agree. We were looking to hire a web layout designer recently and
this one guy sent us a link to his portfolio. The ENTIRE portfolio was made
up of templates, all of which we found on Template Monster. But he passes
them off as his own.

My boss wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt (maybe he did some heavy
mods to a template, or perhaps the client gave him the go-ahead to use
them), so he told the guy to come up with a design, using graphics and site
struture provided by us.

...He sent us back a template (with our graphics haphazardly thrown in)

Then, to top it off, he wrote us an email clearly stating his concern with
him being able to retain the copyright on his design!!

Templates...yeah, I pretty much don't care for them.

Alan