[thelist] Debugging JavaScript written HTML

Tony Grimes info at scribenewmedia.com
Thu Jul 22 22:24:36 CDT 2004

I'm trying to modify a script of Peter-Paul Koch's to add new fields to a
form using JavaScript. It doesn't seem to be working correctly and my
question is this: How can I look at the HTML code that my script is writing
when only the originally loaded source is available through the browser?

I want the script to add a row to the table, but it seems to be adding the
entire row to a cell and not the table. An example is here:

http://www.tonygrimes.com/test.php

I can't tell how the row is being added because I can't see the code it
writes. Any suggestions? Oh yeah, and if you can see why the script doesn't
work too, that'd be cool :)

Tony